Amber is a fossil resin that contains many medicinal and healing properties, since it is a natural antibiotic. Considered a “living stone”, so it has no expiration date and its magical effect is eternal.
A powerful healer that keeps diseases away from the body. It also absorbs the negative energies and transmits them in positive forces that stimulate the body’s self-healing.
This information is well known in Lithuania, where the amber spa is one of the most requested treatments, due to it is the only country in the world where it exists.
Formerly it was thought that amber was a cure for all diseases, a kind of magical stone. Amber beads were used to cure sore throat, asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
Lithuanian people believed that amber helped remove kidney stones and that they were also beneficial for eye diseases. Today it is scientifically proven that in addition to all these benefits, it helps nervous people, who suffer irritability or tension.
You may like to visit:Amber The magical Fossil - Another gift from nature
How does the cure through amber?
One thought suggests that by using amber on the skin, as a necklace or bracelet, the warmth of the skin allows emanating tiny amounts of healing oils from the amber to finally be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream.
The other theory is based on scientific findings, which have shown that amber is electromagnetically alive and produces certain amounts of natural organic energy.
9 Wonderful medicinal properties of amber scientifically proven
The healing properties of amber became famous and widely used thanks to Hippocrates (460-377 BC), father of medicine. In his works, he described several medicinal properties and amber application methods that later scientists, until the Middle Ages, kept using.
Modern science finds that amber is almost completely made with beneficial elements for the human body: iodine, iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, cobalt, barium and aluminum.
1. Effective in diseases of throat and insomnia: In ancient Rome, Calistratus, famous doctor of those times, wrote that the amber powder mixed with honey cures throat, ear and eyes diseases. Also, if swallowed with water heals stomach illness.
Pliny the Younger, noted that Roman peasant women wore amber medallions not only as ornaments, but also as a remedy for swollen glands, sore throat and palate pain.
And in Belarus, amber was used for insomnia problems: raw pieces of amber were placed under a pillow or suspended at the head of the bed. The first studies of the theory “Amber as a remedy for insomnia” appeared in the 20th century.
2. Antispasmodic, soothing and analgesic: In Asian countries “amber syrup”, a mixture of succinic acid and opium, was used as soothing and antispasmodic. There is a scientific explanation to that and it comes from the chemical properties of the resin. When formed, the resin acts as a natural embalming agent with drying and antimicrobial properties.
The ancient Egyptians used pine resin as an embalming agent and the war doctors saved the lives of the soldiers by putting it on the wound as a disinfectant.
Before the Second World War, especially in Germany, the Baltic amber rosaries were placed on the babies to make the eruption of the teeth less painful and make the teeth grow stronger. This is, in fact, practiced by moms today.
The amber solution is not new for mothers and others who seek natural healing. Amber products are sold in local pharmacies in many European countries including Switzerland, Germany and Austria, where amber has been respected for its medicinal qualities for centuries.
Amber oil permeates the skin very quickly, penetrating deep into the tissue and exerting a positive influence. Improves blood circulation and relieves muscle pain. The oil as well as amber pieces, are used for massage therapy with excellent results for patients.
Apart from all these reasons, there are purchasing here viagra mastercard india some psychological problems as well that affects an individual. A World Class Drug at the Cheapest Prices in the UK. discount levitra http://robertrobb.com/obama-community-college-and-the-death-of-federalism/ Recurrent thrush may also be triggered by a complex mix of several factors. check this site out cialis cheap uk Say, for example if you are a true victim of erectile dysfunction. robertrobb.com order cialis online
3. Improves Immunity and Cellular Metabolism: In Lithuania and Czarist Russia, nannies had to use amber rosaries to protect babies and themselves from diseases. It may seem a myth, however, today we know that the influence is real.
Why was amber so widely used in medicine? The answer lies in its composition. Amber has a substance or ingredient called succinic acid.
Succinic acid is found in many contemporary plants and is a common and indispensable food ingredient. However, deficiencies of succinic acid are frequent, as it is rarely found in nature. Even immature currants and stems of rhubarb, which are the richest in acid, contain a thousand times less acid than amber.
In the 30s and 40s, European biochemists discovered that succinic acid is an acid created naturally in every cell of the body capable of aerobic respiration, participating in citric acid or Krebs cycle. This is how carbohydrates, fats and proteins are metabolized into energy.
Current research shows that the unfavorable environmental conditions that prevail today block the natural flow of processes related to energy in cells.
Blocks affect cellular metabolism and significantly weaken the immune system, but the natural energy of amber is able to stimulate its renewal. In addition, research conducted at the University of Hamburg, Germany, confirmed the safe and positive effects of succinic and fumaric acids on cellular metabolism.
It is also confirmed by research conducted by a doctor based in Kaliningrad, Nikolai Moshkov (2002). He obtained fast and totally effective therapeutic results by rubbing very fine powder of pure energizing amber in the sick places of his patients, as the head, spine, thyroid gland, chest and extremities, among others.
Nowadays, science has finally confirmed what for hundreds of years already known in Europe. So much so, that the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved the use of succinic acid in the U.S.
4. It guarantees healing and favors the body: Used for centuries as a natural remedy for pain relief, amber was used to promote rapid healing and to strengthen the immune system. Amber has been at the center of many scientific studies that clearly indicate that its therapeutic properties are very significant.
The succinates contained in amber are highly effective after lasting diseases and injuries. They enable the patient to regain immunity to disease as well as the complete intellectual aptitude with the ability to concentrate.
Succinic acid is also a valuable product for athletes. It is not a stimulant that improves the effort of a single event, but rather a stimulator of a balanced and integral development.
Succinic acid was also analyzed by the pioneer of modern bacteriology, the Nobel Prize winner, Robert Kock (1886), who confirmed its positive influence and discovered that there is no risk of accumulation of succinic acid in the human body, even after adding considerable amounts.
5. Anti-Age and Antioxidant: Nowadays, pharmaceutical products that prevent the aging of human cells, use succinic acid as an inhibitor of potassium ions and an antioxidant. Therefore, the acid can be called an elixir of youth, scientifically described. Amber is a potent antioxidant that helps eliminate toxic free radicals and heart rhythm disturbances as well.
6. Psychological, Emotional and Mental Healing: In addition to physical healing, it is believed that amber possesses magical properties that provide many pleasant changes at the psychological, emotional and mental levels.
Brings balance and stability to life. Amber promotes patience and flexibility. Its warm and brilliant energy promotes joy and confidence and strengthens belief in ourselves.
Amber stimulates the intellect, improves short-term memory and understanding the messages of its past to help in making decisions and move forward in life. It is a great tool to transmit dreams to reality.
7. Healing of the Chakras and Energy Balance: Golden or orange amber are used to unblock the flow of energy and restore a sense of balance, understanding and appreciation of life. When the Sacral Chakra is in balance the person gets grace, feels pleasure in life, and experiences the flexibility of “letting go” and doing it with good spirit.
The yellow tones within amber activate the Solar Plexus Chakra, the energy distribution center and the relationship chakra. When physical balance is achieved, we have the strength to control infections, allergic reactions disappear and the ingested nutrients are better utilized. If the Solar Plexus is spiritually unbalanced, one may feel fear of the disappointment or displeasure of others, or subordinate life and pleasure to the will of others.
For more information about What is amber?, you can visit our previous post here.
8. Protection Against the Negative Influence of Electrical Equipment: Amber has an electromagnetic property of attracting pieces. In fact, the term “electricity” actually comes from the Greek word “electron”, which is the Greek name for amber because it can store static electricity.
One of the side effects of each electrical device is the electromagnetic field that these generate around it. All organisms, including human beings, are exposed daily to the influence of different types of this field, which is characterized by various physical parameters.
The impact these fields have on the human body is still debated. However, it is now clear that they negatively influence sleep, specifically melatonin and cortisol secretion. Both hormones regulate a wide range of processes throughout the body, including daily body rhythms, metabolism and immune response.
In short, we face sleep disturbance, insomnia, excess weight and a weakened immune system.
Due to its electromagnetic property, amber, as is now known, can alleviate the negative influence of electromagnetic fields.
The use of amber can protect us from the negative influences of electrical equipment such as computers, televisions, mobile phones, microwave ovens and even when flying by plane. So, possibly, because of this feature now people use amber to solve insomnia problems and improve the immune system.
9. Relieve Chronic Conditions: Some testimonials from people who use amber continuously, point out that amber has helped them for many chronic diseases, including skin conditions, migraine, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and repetitive strain injuries.
It is also known that amber oil is widely used for massage and in fact, it is recognized as very effective, especially for all rheumatic diseases.
Where to buy amber?
Authentic amber can be purchased from trusted jewelers or specialized online stores.
At the time of purchase we must be very careful, since in a large percentage the amber is altered or mixed with other substances, losing all its healing properties.
There are also different price ranges according to the amber quality, size, weight and design. For a therapeutic purpose, it is advisable to buy a necklace or bracelet as pure as possible. That does not contain metal in the design and for any reason insects or another animals incrustations, since most likely, we could be in front of a scam.
The pieces with incrustations are scarce and pricy, since they are generally collectible specimens or for scientific studies purpose.
There are some techniques to identify authentic amber, such as:
- Testing under ultraviolet light, where amber should look bright blue.
- The salt water test. Amber should float in water with salt diluted in a ratio of 8 teaspoons of salt per each glass of water.
- Aroma test. In a place where the piece does not spoil, we put a preheated needle allowing an imperceptible melting to occur, from which a pleasant pine aroma must be released. If any smell of burned plastic or strong chemical, stay away.
- When touch natural amber, it should be rather warm, soft and light. If on the other hand it is cold and heavy, it could be probably glass. If when pressing it between the thumb and index we notice that it is too smooth and soft, it could be copal.
There are also other tests with solvent, acetone, alcohol, etc. However, and seeing that it is not an easy task, it is always advisable to consult an honest professional to guide us in the decision, especially if is a high value piece.
Below, some online stores 100% recommended, that could be useful for you:
How to take care of our amber?
With good care, amber pieces will last through time.
Never use any chemicals to clean the amber. It can be polish by using a piece of cloth to clean glasses.
Do not let this in contact with cleaners, soaps, hairspray, extreme heat or other chemicals.
If the amber loses its shine, wash it with cold water, dry it with a soft cloth, and press it with a little olive oil.
Store the amber in a dark cool place and wrapped in cloth. In this way, it will help you retain its beauty for more time. Do not store it with other accessories or jewelry, as it may scratch or damage.
To end, amber tends to darken over time, but it can maintain color if keep it away from heat and fluorescent lights.